Bakersfield Heart Hospital is built for patient focused care. Our patients have access to advanced technology and surgical techniques in a hospital specially designed for their treatment and recovery. From admission until discharge, patient care focuses on personal needs, comfort and convenience. All rooms are private and are designed and equipped for each stage of patient care. We minimize the transporting of patients, encourage family involvement in the recovery process, and provide a comfortable setting for all individuals.
Patient focused care allows us to:
- Respect your values, preferences and expressed needs.
- Coordinate and include you in information about your hospital stay.
- Provide education to you as necessary.
- Assist you in maintaining your comfort.
- Do whatever we can to maintain your comfort.
- Provide you emotional support and alleviate your fear and anxiety.
- Involve your family and friends in your care as you wish.
- Provide an effective transition to your home by offering appropriate education and support resources.
- We allow a family member to stay in your room with you 24 hours a day. This gives them the opportunity to actively participate in the recovery process and preparation for discharge and to assist you by hearing various instructions and information provided by your doctors and nurses.